If you live in a house made of cinder blocks you probably don’t need to read this article. But for most of us we need to be aware of the wood destroying pests that are out there just waiting to chew their way into our homes! The fact is that these pests are everywhere, so you need to aware of the signs from these little pesky intruders. Here are some of the common wood-destroying pests that you may find feasting on your home. Continue reading
- Whether the housing market is considered a Buyer’s or a Seller’s market is directly related to the available Inventory levels in a given area. The statistics in the above chart are national statistics.
- A Seller’s Market is when the inventory is low and buyer demand is high.
- A Buyer’s Market is when inventory is high and buyer demand is low.
- Local demand is high and inventory low in the starter & trade-up home markets, causing sales prices to rise.
- Demand seems to be rising in the upper end/luxury market here in the Redding California area. In the first quarter we saw sales of 5 homes over $750,000 and in quarter two we already have 8 homes pending in that price range.
Statistics taken from the Shasta Association of REALTORS, deemed reliable but not verified.
Everywhere you look, new smart home technology seems to be popping up. Security cameras that can tell friend from foe and UPS delivery man from the neighbor’s dog, door locks that only need a smartphone to unlock them and thermostats that can adjust themselves to keep you comfortable all day and night are just a few of the most popular offerings in this segment, but there’s another piece of tech that’s gaining in popularity: the video doorbell. Continue reading
Great new listing, just waiting for a new family. The original owners have retired and are moving on…They had the house built for their family in 1988 and would love to see a new family enjoy living on this beautiful property as much as they have… Continue reading
When the tax code was originally being overhauled by the House and the Senate, there were three major proposals being considered that would have substantially impacted the residential real estate market:
- Changing the requirements for the exclusion of gain on the sale of a principal residence
- The reduction on the limit of the Mortgage Interest Deduction (MID)
- The elimination of the State and Local Tax deduction (SALT) which includes property taxes
Let’s look how the tax code has evolved from the original proposal, and decipher what impact experts believe it may have on the housing market. Continue reading